Point of use stations: Track and manage medical consumables at the point of care
Our point of use station allows clinicians to capture critical usage information at the point of care — automatically adjusting inventory, sending products to clinical documentation systems and billing systems, and creating implant logs.
The easy-to-use solution consists of a touchscreen with an RFID reader and barcode scanner. Because it harmonizes with existing workflows, nurses and technologists can master the system in a single 15-minute training session.
Employing the point of use station is simple and easy:
- Retrieve product as usual
- Input patient information at the point of use station by scanning the patient barcode or using an ADT feed, then select the staff and procedure type
- Wave RFID-tagged products in front of the reader or scan non-RFID tagged products
- In real-time, information is transmitted to the clinical documentation system
- Audible alerts for expired and recalled products
- Direct plug-and-play interface to clinical documentation systems
- Ability to capture RFID tags, as well as manufacturer product barcodes
- Ability to search for a product
- Easy-to-use touchscreen