Usage tracking: Real usage insights — even in real time
Without sophisticated consumption tracking, supply budget forecasts are little more than educated guesses. This can lead to frustrating stockouts or expensive surpluses. With Cardinal Health Inventory Management Solutions, you get an accurate and holistic picture of supply usage — at the lot or item level.
Link usage to patients and clinicians.
Ideal for high-cost supplies and implantables, our tools let you see exactly which items are used — by physician and patient. This also provides a true inventory reduction signal, rather than one assumed based on cycle counts.
- Point of use stations — Products are captured at the time of use, ensuring accurate patient billing — down to the lot or serial number of products consumed
- Integrated Advanced Analytics — enable a deeper understanding of physician preferences and costs
Monitor consumption in real time.
With item-level RFID tagging, our technologies enable ultimate inventory visibility and control.
- RFID-enabled Smart Cabinets and web-based software — together, these tools automatically count items and update your database, every 20 minutes
- Point of use stations — give clinicians the ability to log supplies as they're used in patient care
Improve forecasting and reordering.
Our solutions help you recognize fluctuations in demand and optimize your on-hand inventory.
- RFID-enabled Smart Cabinets — enables real-time inventory tracking with 99.996% accuracy
- RFID-enabled Smart Wand — ensures accurate counting for a clearer picture of consumption
- 2-Bin Kanban — helps optimize bin levels, while alerting you to demand fluctuations
- Web-based software — feature built-in par level alerts, as well as automated reordering